1. This website sloanecollection.com (collectively “the Site”) allow its users to book and lease unique private accommodation with other additional services and features.
2. The Site is operated by SLOANE COLLECTION (“we” or “us”). Please note that the Site may be used by third party companies as a booking platform in the event that you are using the site through any such third party then for the avoidance of doubt we accept no liability or responsibility for use of the Site other than as set out in these terms.
3. These terms will apply to SLOANE COLLECTION users or those who simply view the Site (“you”). These terms do not contain the rules of the SLOANE COLLECTION terms which may apply to the use of services in association with the SLOANE COLLECTION which are set out separately.
6. Please note that these terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Notification of any changes will be made by posting new terms onto the Site. In continuing to use the Site you confirm that you accept the then current terms and conditions in full at the time you use the Site.
1. Registration with the Site is currently free, however we reserve the right to levy registration fees in the future. In order to become a registered user you will have to provide some basic personal information. Certain services and functionality will only be available to registered users.
2. You agree that all information supplied on registration is true and accurate and will be kept up to date at all times. We will use the information provided to us to contact you.
3. You may not have more than one registration and we reserve the right at our discretion to delete or cancel any person who in our opinion possesses more than one registration at any time.
4. You are not entitled to allow any other person to use your registration. You may not impersonate any other person in any registration whether or not that other person is a user of the Site.
Use and Abuse of the Site
1. You must be 18 or over to use the Site.
2. Any information published on the message boards or other public areas of the Site by you will be your personal responsibility. You will be personally liable for claims relating to defamation, breach of intellectual property, privacy or any other claim arising from your content.
3. You may not publish any offensive, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, fraudulent, or illegal content. If any such content is published by you or if in our opinion any content is published by you which damages our goodwill or the goodwill attaching to the Site we reserve the right at our discretion and without notice to take such action as we deem necessary including removing the content from the site and terminating your membership.
4. We also reserve the right at our discretion to remove any content from the site, terminate your registration or membership and restrict your access to our services at any time for any reason.
We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the Site, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent.
5. In the event that you are informed that you will no longer be entitled to access the services you will not be entitled to register again and you will no longer have permission to use the Site.
Advertising and Commercial Use
1. Users of the Site are not entitled to directly advertise to or solicit the custom of other users without our express written consent.
2. You are not entitled to resell or commercially exploit the Site’s contents other than content you have posted. You are not entitled to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to collect user names, e-mail addresses or any other data for the purposes of sending unsolicited e-mail or for any other use.
3. In the event that you are found by us to have been sending unsolicited e-mail to our users in contravention of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 having taken their address from our Site then we reserve the right to terminate without notice your use of the Site without limiting any other rights and remedies we may have.
1. We will operate the Site with the reasonable skill and care of an online service provider. All other warranties and representations are, to the fullest extent permissible by law, excluded.
2. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER WE NOR OUR PARENT OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES NOR ANY OF OUR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY THE “SLOANE COLLECTION PARTIES”) WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, BOOKING OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
3. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SLOANE COLLECTION PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
4. IN NO EVENT WILL WE, NOR THE SLOANE COLLECTION PARTIES, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE.
5. IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE NEITHER WE NOR THE SLOANE COLLECTION PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PRICING OR AVAILABILITY INFORMATION, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO YOU, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND THE AGGREGATE, TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE SLOANE COLLECTION PARTIES TO YOU OR ANY END USER FOR ALL DAMAGES, INJURY, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE SHALL BE LIMITED TO PROVEN DIRECT DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (£100).
6. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law. You should check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
7. From time to time it may be necessary to suspend access to the Site for a period of time and any such interruptions shall not constitute a breach by us of these terms.
8. We will not be liable for any business, financial, or economic loss nor for any consequential or indirect loss (such as lost reputation, lost profit or lost opportunity) arising as a result of your use of the Site whether such loss is incurred or suffered as a result of our negligence or otherwise.
9. Nothing in these terms will limit our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused as a result of our negligence.
Cancellation and Termination
1. On receipt of an email by you to us cancelling your registration, we will terminate your registration.
2. We reserve the right to terminate your registration immediately without notice if, in our opinion, you have breached these terms.
3. All of the information contained in your profile or posted by you to the public areas of the Site may be lost for good once your registration has been terminated (for whatever reason) and we will not be liable to you for any loss of information. However we do not guarantee that any information posted by you will be deleted from the Site on termination of your registration or membership.
1. We request that all information included in your registration is accurate, current and complete.
2. All notices sent to you will be sent to the email address provided with your registration details (as updated by you). By accepting these terms you give your consent to receive communications from us by email and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you by email satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
1. The Site may include links to other websites or material which are beyond its control. We are not responsible for content on any site outside the Site.
2. The format and content of this Site is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and we reserve all rights in relation to our copyright whether owned or licensed to us and all rights are reserved to any of our registered and unregistered trademarks (whether owned or licensed to us) which appear on this Site.
3. By displaying user-generated content on this site you expressly assign all copyright and other rights to such content to us (and you agree to waive all moral rights in relation to such content) for the avoidance of doubt we are permitted to use any user-generated content for any of our other business purposes, even following termination of your registration or membership.
4. We do not screen user-generated content (including content relating to available properties which may be posted by owners) or information on the Site and we cannot give any assurance as to its accuracy or completeness. Users of this Site are expressly asked not to publish any defamatory, misleading or offensive content or any content which infringes any other persons intellectual property rights (e.g. copyright). Any such content is contrary to our policy we do not accept liability in respect of such content, and the user responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising and you agree to indemnify us in relation to any liability we may suffer as a result of any such content.
5. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the Site without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this Site without our express written consent.
1. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. If you breach these terms and conditions and we decide to take no action or neglect to do so, then we will still be entitled to take action and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
3. We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
4. We may make changes to the format of the Site, services provided or to the Site’s content at any time without notice.